Faced with shipping a container or a package to the Dominican Republic via air or ocean freight? USG Shipping provides you with the convenience and seamless process of our air freight shipping to the Dominican Republic and container shipping to the Dominican Republic. We can transport anything you need, from a single package to multi-container shipments. In fact, we can pick up your shipment anywhere in the USA or Canada, making air freight and ocean shipping simple and stress-free. For fast, correct pricing on overseas shipping to the Dominican Republic, fill out the rate form request above. We just need the pick-up place, destination and the type of goods you’re shipping. Then, we can get back to you within the hour. Either if you are shipping from Miami, MD, Orlando or any other places in the US or Canada to DR we can give you the most accurate rate as soon as you provide the needed information. As far as transit time, it is usually pretty quick for the container to reach the Dominican Republic from the USA and that is between 8 to 25 days. We offer ocean freight to all major ports in the Dominican Republic. Our team can help you decide which options are best for your cargo as we have different options available, such as 20’ & 40’ standard, 40’ High Cube, and consolidation services. Dominican Republic’s main cargo seaport is Haina Occidental Port located west of the country’s capital.
The Dominican Republic, in the Caribbean Islands, borders Haiti. It’s the second-largest Caribbean nation by both population and area, home to 10 million people. Of those, one million live in the country’s capital, Santo Domingo. A large part of the country’s economy led by import, export, and foreign investments and it is the 9th largest economy within the Latin countries.
Shipping container to the Dominican Republic:
As the center of transshipment in the Caribbean most of the container shipment lands in the Dominican Republic before its being transshipped to other islands. Considering the number of ocean container carriers calling the country there is daily shipping to DR. USG ship all kind of cargo in the container as long as that is not prohibited by the government. Since USG is one of the approved Hazardous certified companies, we can ship your cargo even if the goods are hazardous items! For over-sized cargo, we offer flat rack container and the loading and securing is a part of our service as one of the most specialized shipping companies from US! Our rates are very competitive from anywhere in the USA to any destination city in the Dominican Republic with weekly sailings are available for a shipping container to the Dominican Republic.
Shipping a car to the Dominican Republic:
USG Shipping can move your vehicles either loaded into the container (20’ & 40’ available) or Roll-on/Roll-off. We can help you bundle shipping your household goods and vehicles together to the Dominican Republic! Our team offers special rates on Roll-on/Roll-off (Ro/Ro) to the Dominican Republic if you just ship a car. With a very short transit time, the car can reach the Dominican Republic in less than 2 weeks so get your special low rate and we can book your car on the next sail.
There are several regulations for importing a motor vehicle into the Dominican Republic. Before you take such action, be aware of the regulations:
- The customer must be present in the Dominican Republic for customs clearance of any vehicle.
- One person is only allowed to import one car.
- The vehicle being imported must be in the owner’s possession for a minimum of one year before importing.
- Only vehicles with the engine size of six cylinders are permitted to import to DR.
- All kinds of luxury and exotic cars are not allowed unless for short periods of time.
- All kinds of bikes are subject to taxes and duties.
When shipping to the Dominican Republic, the following documents are required for customs clearance:
- Original title and registration of the vehicle
- Commercial or original purchase invoice
- Original driver’s license
- Dominican consular invoice, stamped by the Dominican consulate in the US
If you want to learn more about shipping your cars, household goods and containers overseas to the Dominican Republic, get in touch now.
In case you don’t ship a car or neither have enough goods to book a container and just have few boxes to ship to the Dominican Republic, you can select our consolidation sea freight. Please see below the rates for shipping boxes or barrels to DR ( Rate is base by CFA to CFA and it is from any of our cargo receiving depot in the US)
60 cubic feet or less: $895 ( Rate is all-inclusive)
– 60 to 100 cubic feet: $10.95/cubic feet
– 100 to 200 cubic feet: $9.95/cubic feet
Air cargo to the Dominican Republic:
USG offers air freight to the Dominican Republic delivered to any major airport throughout the country or door-to-door service. We know that some freight is time-sensitive, which is why we offer standard air and express air freight. You will need to give the weight and dimensions of your cargo along with your zip code in the US and postcode in the Dominican Republic. The shipment packed in boxes, crate or pallets will get picked up from the door in the US and deliver to the airport in DR.
Main Sea shipping and dry ports in the Dominican Republic:
- Caucedo Port: Caucedo is one of the largest port of entry in the Dominican Republic and the nearest to Santa Domingo. The port is in Boca Chica, Santo Domingo State. The operations of the port in on the control of DP World.
- Port of Rio Haina: Since the port of Rio Haina is on the free zone it’s easier for some shipper and consignee to deal with that especially if the shipment is not transported to another city.
- Shipping to Santa Domingo: The capital and main city of the country with a dry port where containers handled by local Customs. There are some other ports where we can ship your cargo using transshipment options, such as Boca Chica, San Pedro, and Romana.
Shipping to the Dominican Republic from New York and New Jersey: There is a large Dominican community in New Jersey and New York area, and for that reason, we always have many requests for shipping from New Jersey. USG offers a weekly consolidation from New Jersey to the Dominican Republic.
The same situation applies for Florida and especially Miami and we do offer weekly departure out of Miami!
Import Regulations in the Dominican Republic: Before you begin unpacking, you’ll have to make sure your shipment meets all the regulations to clear customs. Each country has its own unique set of shipping guidelines that must be followed, so here’s what to expect when moving to the Dominican Republic.
- Dominican Customs requires that customers be present in the Dominican Republic at the time of customs clearance. They must give a customs declaration of the shipment, passport and all documentation providing proof of their intent to live in the Dominican Republic, as well as proof that they have resided abroad for the past two years.
- Shipments are subject to a physical examination by customs and port security and other officers upon arrival at the port of entry.
- When the inspection has been completed and approved by customs, the consignee may apply to the Department of Exoneration for full clearance of the shipment.
- The used household goods and personal effects are duty-free if they have been in the possession of the shipper and consignee for a minimum of two years.
- You are only allowed to import one shipment of used household goods and personal effects using duty-free.
- The new items being imported are subject to duties and taxes.
If you still have questions concerning the clearance of your cargo in the Dominican Republic, please contact the Dominican Embassy in Washington. Due to many years of shipping experience, USG is one of the top shipping companies to Dominican!
Contact us for inquiries and bookings on your freight to the Dominican Republic!